2021 Dorchester School District Two Academic Awards
The 27th Academic Awards Programs honored Dorchester District Two high school students earning academic letters and medals for academic achievement during the 2020-2021 school year. This year’s programs were held at all three high schools in October and November. Below are the statistics for the 2021 Academic Awards celebrations:
▪ A total of 1,317 sophomores, juniors and seniors earned academic awards this year for achieving a minimum yearly average of 88 during the 2020-2021 school year.
▪ There were 405 students who received the Board of Trustees Award for earning an A in every subject.
▪ Since the program began in 1995, more than 15,500 awards have been presented to district students.
▪ A number of businesses and organizations were sponsors of this year’s awards program, donating funds at the Platinum, Silver and Bronze levels.
▪ Sponsors provided a $1,000 scholarship for a senior receiving an Academic Award from each of the three high schools.
▪ Academic Award honorees nominated 295 teachers as Special Teachers this year. Special teachers receive a personalized certificate commemorating this honor, an Academic Awards Special Teacher label pin for first time recipients, and a copy of the program booklet that includes a listing of Special Teachers.