Return to Headlines
School Counseling Reminders for Graduating Seniors
School Counseling Department
Reminders for Graduating Seniors
Seniors, as we move toward graduation, we want to remind you of a few important tasks:
- If you have been accepted by your college or university of choice, make sure you bring a copy of your acceptance letter to your School Counselor. You can email a copy if that is more convenient. If you have enlisted in a branch of the service, bring in a copy of your enlistment forms. If you have been placed on a job site or offered employment please bring in verification. We will recognize all of these accomplishments during our College & Career Signing Day Event on May 14th.
- If you have received any scholarship or grant offers from any college, university or scholarship provider, copies of those should also be brought to your School Counselor. You do not have to be planning to attend the college offering the scholarship. We will be adding the list of your offers to the Graduation Program next to your name.
- Trident Technical College will have Admissions Counselors on site on Tuesday, February 25th during ILT. If you plan to attend Trident Technical College and have not applied, this is an opportunity to apply for free and to get assistance with your application. They will be set up in the Media Center at the beginning of ILT.
- Don’t forget about the local scholarships that are posted on the rack in the School Counseling office – there are over 25 active right now so walk by and take a look.
- Watch for the date for Senior Retakes of the Ready to Work Assessment – if you have lower than a Silver Level Score you will be scheduled to retake one or more sections of the Ready to Work Career Readiness Assessment in late March.
- If you are a candidate for the Diploma of Distinction and you are submitting Community Service/Volunteer hours, please plan to do so by April 30, 2020. Those should be submitted to your School Counselor.