- Alston Middle School
Dorchester Two Educational Foundation to Host Fundraiser on March 11
The Dorchester Two Educational Foundation will host its largest annual fundraiser to support DDTwo teachers and students, The Big Event presented by Scout Boats, from 6-10 p.m. on Saturday, March 11, 2023, at The Ponds Farmhouse, 326 Hundred Oaks Pkwy, Summerville, SC.
Mistress of Ceremonies Rebecca Collett will lead more than 400 attendees through a Miami-themed night of catered food, drinks, and games under the Farmhouse’s beautiful oak canopy. A silent and live auction will be led by Auctioneer Tom Crawford.
All proceeds will support the Foundation in providing enhanced educational opportunities to DDTwo teachers and students. Recent Foundation projects include:
- Implementing $161,000 worth of hydroponic gardens to create STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) education opportunities for students with special needs at each DDTwo school,
- Using the DonorsChoose matching opportunity to fully fund 134 teachers’ projects, totaling $98,000,
- Connecting 46 educators to almost $77,000 in STEAM grants from the Bosch Community Fund,
- Providing a total of $13,600 in gift cards to all first-year teachers for the 2022-2023 back-to-school season, and
- Treating the 2022 DDTwo Teacher of the Year to an all-inclusive trip to Mexico.
"The Big Event presented by Scout Boats celebrates our supporters for helping us to make a direct impact on teachers and students,” said Foundation Executive Director Ralph Hayes. “With last year’s event raising a record $174,000, the Foundation is eager to surpass that number this year and to continue supporting DDTwo’s high-quality education.”
Scout Boats CEO Steve Potts said, “On behalf of our highly skilled craftsmen, women, and dedicated staff of employees of Scout Boats Inc. we are proud to be presenting sponsor of The Big Event to support Dorchester School District Two in SC.”
Purchase tickets at https://dd2foundation.org/events/bigevent. For questions or sponsorship information, please contact Foundation Executive Director Ralph Hayes at 843.830.3443 or email@example.com.
Dorchester Two Educational Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) that builds partnerships and raises funds to support DDTwo teachers and students. The Foundation has awarded more than $1.4 million to DDTwo over the past eight years. Dorchester School District Two is one of the lowest funded districts in SC, making the Foundation vital to fueling innovation in DDTwo classrooms.