DD 2 offers the following middle school sports for 7th and 8th grade students.
Basketball - Females
Basketball - Males
- Coached by Chad Loudin
- Practices Monday - Thursday in RMSA gym (adjustments may occur)
- Game Schedule
- Coached by Jimmy Gildea
- practices on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday at 815 South Main Street
- Tryouts begin August 12, 2019
- Game Schedule
- Coached by Brandi Chambers
- practices TBD
- Tryouts begin February 5 at 5:15 PM - 7:30 PM; Gahagan sports complex field #4
- Game Schedule
- Coached by Danyel Bellush
- practices on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday in RMSA gym
- Tryouts are August 12 -13, 2019 from 4:30 - 6:30.
- Game Schedule - Updated Post Hurricane Days
- Coached by Jim Thompson
- practices on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday in RMSA cafe
- Tryouts November 6 - 8th, 2019 from 4:00 - 6:30 PM.
- Match Schedule
Varsity and Junior Varsity Sports - Students in 7th and 8th grade may also try out for high school level sports. You should always check your zoned high school's website for the most complete and up-do-date information about high school athletics.
- Baseball - Tryouts begin February 3; 4:15 PM Varsity; 5:30 PM Junior Varsity
- Golf (boys) - Tryouts beging February 3 at Miler Country Club at 4:10 PM
- Soccer (boys) - Tryouts begin February 3; 4:15 PM - shinguards required
- Soccer (girls) - Tryouts begin February 5 4:45 PM (Please see high school website for more detailed information.)
- Softball - Tryouts begin February 3 at 4:15 PM for grades 9 - 12 and 5:45 for grades 7 & 8
- Track - Tryouts begin Febrary 3 at 4:00 PM
To participate in athletics at Rollings Middle School of the Arts, athletes must have a physical history form, physical exam form, parent permission form and concussion form dated on or after April 1, 2019, as well as the athlete’s birth certificate uploaded on www.planeths.com. Athletes may not participate in conditioning or tryouts until all documentation is received. (For more information about eligibility, visit www.summervilleathletics.com.)
As of April 1, 2019 the Arbiter Athlete website will transition to www.planeths.com. Parents and students who already have accounts on www.arbiterathlete.com should log in at www.planeths.com. Your username and password will be the same as it was for www.arbiterathlete.com. However, if you go to www.arbiterathlete.com and log in you will be redirected to the school on www.planeths.com and not have to sign in again. Technically, any accounts created or logged into from either www.planeths.com or www.arbiterathlete.com will end up in the same place.
Any new parents or students signing up should do so at www.planeths.com. The parent and the student must have separate accounts.
If you have an account on arbiterathlete you do not need to create a new account on planeths.
How to create an account on planeths:
- Athletes MUST create a student account at www.planeths.com. Be sure to enter the correct graduation year. IF YOU CREATED AN ACCOUNT FOR ARBITERATHLETE.COM, USE THE SAME USERNAME AND PASSWORD.
- Enter requested info and click “create account”. If you are creating a new account, a “Guide Me” box will appear and help you link the student and parent account.
- Select the “Athletic Forms” button. Then select all sports you may be interested in participating in. If you are a middle schooler and may be participating in middle school and high school teams, you’ll also want to use the “additional school” option to enter your high school name.
- At the very bottom are five links to forms that must be completed and approved.
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation – History Form This is the front page of your physical. You can choose to upload a scan or photo of the front page OR you can complete all questions on the electronic form and click “sign & submit”
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation – Physical Examination Form This is the back page of your physical completed and signed by the physician. Be sure that the physician’s signature AND date are at the bottom and the athlete’s name and birth date are at the top. Once uploaded, click “sign & submit.”
- Parent’s Permission & Acknowledgement of Risk for Son or Daughter to Participate in Athletics After statement is read, click “sign & submit.”
- Birth Certificate Upload a photo or scan of the student’s birth certificate then hit “sign & submit”. If you had a previous account, you’ll have the option here to “re-use document”, which will pull the previously uploaded birth certificate you submitted.
- Concussion and Student Athletes After statement is read, click “sign & submit.”
- Link accounts by finding the “Link Accounts” button and entering the student’s email or phone number they used to create their account and send invitation.
- Parent will then go to “Athletic Forms” and click on the five links mentioned about to “sign & submit”. Parents must click “sign and submit” on each of the five links.
*Parent cannot upload any of the above documents until linked to the student account.
Activities at RMSA:
Robotics Team FIRST LEGO League is an international competition organized by FIRST for elementary and middle school students. Each year in August, FIRST LEGO League introduces a scientific and real-world challenge for teams to focus and research on. The robotics part of the competition involves designing and programming LEGO Mindstorms robots to complete tasks. The students work out solutions to the various problems they are given and then meet for regional, national and international tournaments to compete, share their knowledge, compare ideas, and display their robots
Quest Team: QUEST is Trident Technical College's annual academic competition developed to promote academic excellence, provide an academic challenge to students, and recognize top students, teachers and schools. This day-long competition will be held in March of 2020. Students compete in mathematics, science, social studies, composition, pubic speaking and visual arts. Tryouts were held in November.
The National Junior Art Honor Society inspires and recognizes students with an outstanding ability and keen interest in the visual arts. NJAHS is a service organization for visual arts students who meet eligibility criteria for membership (which is based on performance in their visual art core). The NJAHS completes several service projects each year. In the past we have designed and painted murals in 4 public venues and contributed to various community events.