Additional Important Dates
2020-2021 Reporting of Grades
Interims: October 5-9
End of Quarter: November 9
Report Cards: November 18
Interims: December 14-18
End of Quarter: January 29
Report Cards: February 10
Interims: March 1-5
End of Quarter: April 13
Report Cards: April 21
Interims: May 17-21
End of Quarter: June 16
Report Cards: June 16
Approved 2021-2022 School Calendar
The Dorchester School District Two Board of Trustees unanimously approved the proposed 2021-2022 school calendar at the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees on Monday, March 8, 2021.The proposed calendar was developed by a calendar committee that included teachers, classified staff, administrators and parents. We appreciate the input provided by employees and parents during this process.
The following are highlights of the proposed calendar:
- The first day of school for students would be Monday, August 16th
- Labor Day Holiday: September 6
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 24 through November 26
- Winter break: December 20 through December 31. Students would return to school on Monday, January 3.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday: January 17
- Presidents Day Holiday: February 21
- Spring Break: April 11-15
- Last day for students: May 27
- Teacher workdays are scheduled in conjunction with the end of each 9-week quarter.
- Designated make-up days for weather closures: October 22, February 18, March 18
- State law requires that all school districts schedule 180 instructional days.
Please note: The major holiday schedules for the 2021-2022 calendar are the same for all surrounding school districts.