About Our School
Kim Boutin, Principal
Rachel Mahaffey, Assistant Principal
Grizzly Times is the official newsletter of Oakbrook Elementary! It is sent home every two weeks. We also offer it online here so you are guaranteed to receive it.
School Mission and Beliefs
OES strives to provide every student with the skills necessary to be college and career ready with relationships, rigor, and relevance. We believe...
- All students and teachers have a right to a safe and nurturing environment which fosters individual responsibility.
- All students have the right to a complete education encompassing academics, the arts, life skills, and physical well being.
- Parents, the community, and the school are a vital partnership in the educational success of the school.
- All students should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning and achieve their personal best.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
Oakbrook is committed to safety. Below is a record of our safety drills for the 2017-2018 school calendar.
What is PBIS?
Oakbrook Elementary is proud to be a PBIS school. Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a nationally recognized process that helps create safer and more effective schools through encouraging and acknowledging positive behavior and actions. It is centered around problem-solving, planning, and evaluation.
Quick Facts About PBIS at OES
- Teachers and all school staff are encouraged and expected to teach, model, and support positive behavior with each and every student in our school community.
- PBIS includes school-wide procedures and processes to help remind all students and staff of the behaviors expected at OES in both the classroom and non-classroom settings.
- The PBIS process also focuses on those students that may need more behavioral support. Teachers and staff members help to support these students in a variety of ways so they can be successful daily in the school environment.
- It is a team-based process that involves everyone in the school- students, teachers, staff, and all personnel.
- At OES, we keep the PBIS philosophy FUN! Students are rewarded for showing their PAWS. PAWS is an acronym that stands for: Personal Best, Acting Responsibly, Work and Play Safely, and Show Respect.
- When a student displays Above and Beyond Behavior for a certain number of days, they can first earn a bronze medal, then a silver, and finally a gold medal.
- OES also likes to reward teachers for working hard to teach, model, and encourage PAWS.
OES prides itself on having high academic and behavioral standards. PBIS helps to encourage this and celebrate those successes.