Helping your Child Get Organized
Parent Support Checklist
Social Media Resources
Family Expectations for DDTwoVA students
- In conjunction with their teachers, the parent/guardian must support their child through the virtual learning process by monitoring their engagement of instruction and their completion of assignments and assessments.
- Ensure that their child is present each day and if absent, ensure their child completes all make-up assignments.
- Confirm a homework environment for their child so they can successfully learn virtually.
- Maintain open communication with teachers and staff.
- Ensure your student knows usernames and passwords and encourage active participation.
- Create an appropriate learning space for your student that limits distractions.
- Ensure technology is accessible and utilized appropriately.
- Establish a contingency plan for internet delays and outages (e.g., identifying alternate locations with internet access, using backup computers, etc.).
- Maintain communication with your student’s teachers and school personnel.
- Utilize District resources for support.
- Agree to and sign the Student/Parent Contract.
- Contact your student’s teachers for assistance when needed.
- Engage your student in conversations regarding assignments and learning activities.
- Support emotional balance by providing time for physical activity and brain breaks.