DDTwo Virtual Academy
Office Hours: 8:30-4:30 pm
115 Devon Road
Summerville, SC 29483
Dorchester School District Two continues to finalize plans to transition to a face-to-face full time instruction model leading up to the second semester as health conditions allow.
As a part of the planning process, parents may request for their child to be considered for a mid-year enrollment or withdrawal from DDTwo Virtual Academy (100% virtual learning). Parents should email requests to DDTwoVA@dorchester2.k12.sc.us. You will receive a link to complete an online form to express your intent to enroll or withdraw your student.
Intent to enroll and withdrawal forms were made available to parents on November 16th and the deadline to submit the intent form is December 6th (elementary school) and January 8th (middle school and high school). Signing this intent to enroll or withdraw does not guarantee your student will be enrolled or withdrawn. All decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis pending space and resource availability. If you have already submitted your intent form, you do not have to submit it again.
Please submit any enroll/withdrawal questions to DDTwoVA@dorchester2.k12.sc.us.
In response to the needs of our community, Dorchester School District Two will offer a full-time Virtual Academy (DDTwoVA) for grades 5K-12. Whether you are looking for an alternative to the traditional classroom during these uncertain times or a way to balance other scheduling concerns, the dynamic learning experiences available through DDTwoVA offer a viable option to meet the needs of your student(s). As a full-time online public 5K-12th grade program, the DDTwoVA offers quality curriculum and instruction for all students enrolled in a Dorchester District Two school. It is important to note the following points about DDTwoVA:
- There is no additional cost other than the regular school registration fee and the new technology fee.
- Students must be enrolled in a DDTwo school.
- Students may enroll including those with an IEP, 504, GT, Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, etc.
- Students must attend live virtual (synchronous) classes on a daily basis with course specific certified teachers as well as scheduled personalized conferences.
- Students must complete independent (asynchronous) activities and assignments as assigned.
- Attendance will be taken for each class following state regulations.
- Students will follow the DDTwo instructional calendar.
- Students will participate in district, state, and national assessments.
- Students may participate in after school extracurricular activities in the school where they are enrolled with parents providing transportation to and from after school events.
- Fine Arts and other elective classes will be offered based on course requests.
- Students will be taught by state certified teachers. Depending on course requests at the high school level, teachers outside of DDTwo may be used (Dual Credit, ECPI, VirtualSC, etc).
- Full-year commitment:
- If a family requests a transfer back to a traditional instructional setting before or at the semester break (January), we will work for a mid-year transition, if appropriate space is available.
- Parents/guardians must create a work environment at home for their child so they can successfully learn virtually.
- Parents/guardians will be required to maintain open communication with teachers and staff.