At our school, we understand the importance of integrating technology into and across the curriculum. We are working to create resources to help you and your child access our instructional technology resources from home. Refer to the helpful information below. If you still need help. reach out to your child's teacher. If more assistance is needed, your child's teacher will reach out to Melissa Young (our ITS) who may, in turn, reach out to you. Thank you for being patient as we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. We are responding as soon as possible. Stay safe!
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Clever (All Grades):
Q: I am unable to login to Clever. What do I do?
A: Here are a few common troubleshooting tips:
- Start at this web address: https://clever.com/in/dorchester2 and make sure you are clicking on "login with active directory".
- Your username must have @dorchester2.k12.sc.us at the end. (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Check to see if caps lock is on. This can cause the password to be incorrect.
- If you are using an Android phone, change the view to "desktop site."
- If you are using a tablet, such as an iPad, you will need to download the Clever app, which is free.
- If more than one child is using the same device for Clever, make sure the previous child selects "Log Out" up top and then have them close out the browser.
Imagine Learning (2nd and 3rd Grade):
Q: How do I access Imagine Learning on a tablet?
A: Please try the following steps:
- Download the Imagine Learning app from your app store.
- Login using the first part of your Clever login. For example, if my Clever username is email@example.com, my Imagine Learning username would be jdoe. Your password is the same as your username.
- The site code is 4502010.
- Parents may reach out to Imagine Learning if they are having issues with this program: (866) 457-8776
Office 365 & Microsoft Teams:
Q: When I click on Microsoft Teams or Office 365 through Clever I am being asked to log in again. What do I do?
A: You will need to log in using the same login and password as Clever. Be sure to include @dorchester2.k12.sc.us in the username.
Q: Do students have a district email account?
A: No. Their user name looks like an email address, but they do not have access to email on our servers.
Waterford (4K, K, and 1st Grade):
Q: How do I access Waterford?
A: Waterford can be accessed through Clever.
Other Common Questions/Comments:
Q: Who can I contact for additional technology troubleshooting?
A: Please reach out to your teacher or the school Instructional Technology Specialist, Melissa Young ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Q: I don't have a printer.
A: Much of the work assigned can be submitted digitally. In addition to downloading Teams on your personal devices (works on phones, iPads, computers), Office Lens is another great app. It takes clean, free images of documents. Best of all, it can be linked directly to your student's Office 365 account so that all scans are sent directly to their OneDrive.
Preferred Browsers- Chrome and Firefox
(Updated daily to support technology needs for distance learning)