Welcome to the school counseling page for OES!
Why do kids need School Counselors?
1. Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
2. Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
3. Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes towards learning, self, and society.
4. Schools, parents, and communities that communicate and collaborate provide the most effective support to children.
Please email if you need community resources, counseling referrals, or Social and Emotional Learning resources.
K-2: Portia Neat
3-5: Cari Moore Lawson
VIRTUAL COUNSELING WITH Mrs. Lawson
Please click the link below to sign up. Sessions will take place on Microsoft Teams between office hours of 7:15 am and 3:30 pm.
VIRTUAL COUNSELING WITH MS. NEAT
Please click the link below to sign up. Sessions will take place via Microsoft Teams between office hours of 7:15 am and 3:30 pm.
Military Counseling Resources
- Charleston/Dorchester Mobile Crisis – 1-800-613-8379
- Dorchester Mental Health Clinic – 1-843-873-5063 / Emergency Line 1-843-414-2350
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255)