Phone: (843) 875-7012
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S., College of Charleston
Ms. Marissa Woytovich
Hello! I am Dubose’s Creative Writing teacher for 6th and 7th graders, as well as a 6th grade English Language Arts teacher. This is my first year at Dubose Middle School and I am so excited to be here!
I grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and moved down to South Carolina when I was a freshman in high school. I attended Goose Creek High School. I then went on to attend the College of Charleston and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Middle Grades Education with concentrations in English Language Arts and Social Studies. Outside of school, I love to spend time with my three cats named Cheddar, Sly, and Fuzzy Face. I am also an avid iced coffee drinker and worked at a coffee shop this past summer! I am also a book and movie lover! One of my favorite series of all time is the Harry Potter series since I took a class based on it in college!
This year, I want to focus on making my classroom a community and a safe space where every student feels comfortable. I am so excited to be here and to get to know everyone!
When checking PowerSchool, please remember:
Checking PowerSchool regularly is the best way to stay informed about how you are doing in class and on top of your grades.
- You can click on the grade for Creative Writing and PowerSchool will display the assignments included in that grade.
- View details to see a description or a hyperlink to the document.
- If an assignment is marked “--” by the grade, the teacher has not yet entered the grade.
- If the assignment was not turned in (marked “M” for missing, "L" for late, and “0” for no grade earned), you can turn it in to the Late Tray for up to a week after the due date. If you were absent when it was originally due, please indicate it on the sheet.
- Assignments cannot be turned in more than a week after the due date.
- If an assignment is turned in late, please understand that it will be a few days (usually until the following Friday) before the grade will be updated.
- Classwork will not be accepted late under any circumstances. If I accidentally give a student a 0 for classwork and they were absent from class, please email me or speak to me in class and I will fix the grade.