Welcome to the Eagle Nest Elementary PTA!
By getting involved at Eagle Nest PTA you will be apart of the solution and helping make positive changes for our future!
If you think PTA moms and dads just organize carpools and fall carnivals, you might want to attend your school’s next PTA meeting. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) can be your best link to your child’s education and is one of the easiest ways to become involved with your child’s school.
What do PTA organizations do?
The PTA supports and speaks on behalf of all children in the school, in the community and before government groups and other organizations that make decisions affecting your children. PTA organizations help parents develop skills, provide and learn about resources they need to raise, grow and protect your children. They encourage parent and public involvement in public schools across the country.
What will I get out of joining the PTA?
- Access to resources on parenting, education and more from National PTA
- Information about school policies, state funding, and other issues concerning our school
- Access to help plan, organize and be apart of school events
- Involvement in school improvement and improving resources and opportunities for our students
- Opportunities to meet other parents of same age children who share similar goals and needs
- By volunteering with us, you put your skills and hobbies to use for an excellent cause, our students!
- Attend PTA functions and gain opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues.
- PTA is a liaison between parents and the school to address concerns or needed projects and programs
- By becoming an Eagle Nest PTA member, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on their education and well being
As a PTA member what will I be expected to do?
Your level of involvement is up to you. There are many opportunities to volunteer before school, during school and even after 5 PM! Here are some of the main things PTA will need from you:
- Your Opinions - your voice is important to help shape the goals of the PTA
- Volunteer & Help - Helping with fundraisers such as the Fun Run, Trunk-or-Treat and other PTA sponsored programs. These events are designed to support school-wide initiatives that improve school resources.
- Giving Time and/or Resources - Just by giving a small amount of you time, knowledge, contacts or donation YOU make a large impact at Eagle Nest!
- Commitment - You will get the most out of your membership by staying involved.
- Meetings - Monthly PTA/SIC meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month at 2:45pm. If you can’t make the meetings stay up to date by reading our Newsletter.
National PTA Reflections Program and Entry
National PTA Reflections is America’s oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. The program was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Arts Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through Film Production, Dance Choreography, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts.