Links and Videos for Home
Hello Beacon Families and Friends!
I hope our Beacon community is doing well during this difficult time. I am pleased to provide students with distance learning pathways to continue their growth at home.
Your child will have the most comprehensive learning experience by utilizing our Fine Arts Bingo sheet! You can also go to the links provided on the Fine Arts Links for Kids.
On this webpage you will find a printable Fine Arts Bingo Sheet, a reference sheet: "Fine Arts Links for Kids", and videos with instruction created by Mrs. Uyak and Ms. Hooks. I tried to find lessons that require little materials. Pencil and paper should be all you need. I gave a couple of options with pen or coloring with materials at hand.
- Independent Visual Arts should comprise of 20-30 minutes of total learning time. I suggest you do a different subject of FA/H&W/STEAM each day. The Bingo game will help with this as well.
Remember, learning does not always need to include a piece of paper!
- Nature walks-great opportunity for observational drawings.
- Cooking—and use some color and make your plate pretty! What kind of textures can you add? Is your plate balanced?
- Board games—don’t have one? Create your own!
- Crafting—knitting, crochet, needlepoint, cutting and pasting, building with found objects, Legos, Lincoln Logs, etc.
I look forward to seeing our Beacons again soon!