Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Malissa Kittrell
Hi everyone, welcome to sixth grade English class! I am so excited that you will be in our class this year! My name is Mrs. Kittrell, I grew up in Greenville, SC and went to college at North Greenville University. My husband and I moved to Charleston during the summer of 2016 with all of our fur babies!
I graduated from North Greenville University in 2015 with a Bachelors in Elementary Education. I received my Early Childhood Certification from NGU as well. Before we moved, I taught sixth grade ELA and loved it. When we moved to Charleston, I taught fourth grade in Charleston County. I have also taught sixth grade social studies and am very excited to be teaching ELA again!
In my free time, I love exploring in the mountains and nature, reading books, and playing with our fur babies, Braxton, our big dog, Kitty, and Shadow, a playful little kitten. I also enjoy playing video and card games. We are excited for our newest family member to be joining us in January 2019, our daughter Skye!
I am looking forward to getting to know each of you and having you in our class!
Checking PowerSchool regularly is the best way to stay informed about how you are doing in class and on top of your grades.
- You can click on the grade for language arts, PowerSchool will display the assignments included in that grade.
- Click view details to see a description and a hyperlink to the document.
- If the assignment has a colored square it means (marked with an orange square for missing, red square for late, and a green square if they were absent for that assignment-they have a week to complete).
- If there is a comment box on the assignment, please click that grade to view the comment written.
- Assignments cannot be turned in more than a week after the due date. If an assignment is turned in late, please understand that it will be a few days before the grade will be updated.