Phone: (843)-695-2470 ext 36120
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Science in Middle Grade Education with Concentrations in Mathematics and English Language Arts
This is my 5th year at River Oaks Middle School. I teach both 6th and yth Grade Math. In the past I have been an ACE Instructor for both 6th and 8th grade as well as doing regular math instruction for those same grades. Before teaching at River Oaks, I was a sub for two years. I graduated from Ashland University in 2012 with a Bachelors of Science in Education for Middle Grades Math and ELA.
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year.
I have high expectations for all my students and I look forward to a wonderful year with your child.
Please see the links tab on the website for information your student will use this year.
- Access to the online textbook- no need for a physical book ever!!! Always available from anywhere with an internet connection
- MATHGAMES.COM!! 10 minutes every night will help your child improve necessary math skills, launch excelling students forward, and help deficient students improve- Skills are available by subject and grade level. Many skills also have an accompaning game with the practice.
- Khan Academy--- useful as a study tool, homework help, and independent study guide
PLASE SIGN UP FOR REMIND FOR SPECIAL CLASSROOM ANNOUNCEMENTS AND TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE TEACHER.
- On average I send out one remind text a week
- Reminders for tests/quizzes/projects
- Classroom updates and reminders
One graphing composition notebook
one two pocket pronged folder
dry erase markers
I also keep a classroom wish list on Amazon.com- Anything ordered is shipped directly to the classroom and benefits all students. Thank you so much!!!
But in case you would rather go to walmart- Tissues, Dry Erase Markers, Pencils, Glue Sticks, Hand Sanitizer, Cleaning Wipes, etc...