Phone: 843-695-2470 ext. 36401
Degrees and Certifications:
This is my first year at River Oaks Middle School. I graduated from the College of Charleston and came through DD2 schools myself. I am so excited about this school year and am thrilled with my amazing students so far this year. Please do not hesitate to contact me
Access to online textbook
1. Go to www.my.hrw.com
- Username: romsstudent
- Password: Bobcats#1
2. In the drop down menu, click on National Collections 7 (7th grade) or National Collections 8 (8th grade)
3. Click on Student E-book
I use Remind as my favorite way of keeping in touch with both students and parents.
- To join by text: Please text the class code, ela8roms or ela7roms, to the number 81010.
- To join by email: Visit remind.com/join and enter the class code and your email address. Or join from your inbox: Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If the class code were @math, for example, you'd send a blank email to email@example.com.) You'll get a response with more instructions.
- To join with the app: Download the mobile app fo r iOS and Android devices and create a new account (or log in if you already have one.) To join a class, tap the + by Classes Joined and either join with your class code or search for your class. You'll automatically get app notifications.
I will use Microsoft O365 very often in my class. Your student has access to my Class Notebook and his/her own personal Notebook within it. All ROMS students have a log in to this. Visit portal.office.com. The login is your students PowerSchool username and password as an email address like the following:
- Password: PowerSchool password
Once logged in, click on Class Notebook and you should see mine titled Henderson ELA 7 or Henderson ELA. There are two important sections on the left side: Collaboration Space, Content Library, and your student’s name.
- Welcome page - announcements and updates for students daily use
- Class Powerpoints - this is where I will post the PowerPoint we use in class for students to study or reference in the future. They will all be there all year long.
- Content Library – this is where I will post things that students need to see, but not for them to complete and turn in.
- Personal Notebook under name – If you click on this, you will see several folders. Each folder serves a different purpose but this is where your student will complete and turn in work. Homework can be assigned through this. If you do not have access to a computer or phone with which you or your student can access ClassNotebook from home, please let me know so that I can make an arrangement to make sure your student succeeds.