Phone: 843-695-2470 ext. 36401
Degrees and Certifications:
This is my first year at River Oaks Middle School. I graduated from the College of Charleston and came through DD2 schools myself. I am so excited about this school year and am thrilled with my amazing students so far this year. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
There are a few things I would like you to know about my class.
- I use Remind as my favorite way of keeping in touch with both students and parents.
- To join by text: Please text the class code, ela8roms or ela7roms, to the number 81010.
- To join by email: Visit remind.com/join and enter the class code and your email address. Or join from your inbox: Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If the class code were @math, for example, you'd send a blank email to email@example.com.) You'll get a response with more instructions.
- To join with the app: Download the mobile app fo r iOS and Android devices and create a new account (or log in if you already have one.) To join a class, tap the + by Classes Joined and either join with your class code or search for your class. You'll automatically get app notifications.
2. I will use Microsoft O365 very often in my class. Your student has access to my Class Notebook and his/her own personal Notebook within it. All ROMS students have a log in to this. Visit portal.office.com. The login is your students PowerSchool username and password as an email address like the following:
- Password: PowerSchool password
Once logged in, click on Class Notebook and you should see mine titled Henderson ELA 7 or Henderson ELA. There are two important sections on the left side: Collaboration Space, Content Library, and your student’s name.
- Welcome page - announcements and updates for students daily use
- Class Powerpoints - this is where I will post the PowerPoint we use in class for students to study or reference in the future. They will all be there all year long.
- Content Library – this is where I will post things that students need to see, but not for them to complete and turn in.
- Personal Notebook under name – If you click on this, you will see several folders. Each folder serves a different purpose but this is where your student will complete and turn in work. Homework can be assigned through this. If you do not have access to a computer or phone with which you or your student can access ClassNotebook from home, please let me know so that I can make an arrangement to make sure your student succeeds.