It is with the help and support of our PTA, parents, and community at large that we are able to create a safe, happy learning environment for children. It is the time of year to begin filling positions for our PTA Board for 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in serving, or if you would like to nominate a person to serve, you can forward that person’s name to Heather Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the list of the positions that we will be filling for our WRES PTA Board with position responsibilities.
- Chair all meetings of the PTA board and general PTA meetings,
- Attend PTA trainings and represent the PTA unit at school district meetings,
- Develop a calendar including dates of specific events and include deadlines for reports, elections, awards applications and local, state, and national meetings,
- Plan with the principal and PTA board the goals for the work of the PTA and the programs for the coming school year, and
- Lead the operations of the PTA unit in conjunction with the board.
Vice President (there are 2 Vice President Offices to fill):
- Perform specific duties as provided for in bylaws (such as programs, membership, fundraising, etc.),
- Assume responsibility for duties as provided for in the bylaws, and
- Represent the president in his/her absence or upon request at meetings, events.
- Records minutes of PTA meetings, with special attention given to motions and action taken,
- Maintains the records of the organization, and
- Sends out notices of meetings and other correspondence.
- Maintains the financial records of the organization in accordance with PTA financial guidelines and the IRS,
- Presents monthly financial reports of income and expenditures at all board meetings,
- Manages the collecting and depositing funds of the PTA,
- Prepares the budget with the president and other board members,
- Writes checks for expenditures in accordance with the budget and approval of the board, and
- Oversees the year-end audit of the PTA account.
2018-2019 Board Nominees
President - Summer Peacher
Vice President 1 - Angie Kujath
Vice President 2 - Candace Griekspoor
Treasurer - Jessica Dawson
Secretary - Allysa Browning
Membership Coordinator - Cynthia Kozey
Reflections Chair - Caroll Grammer
Reflections Chair - Bobbie Jean Goodman