ROMS Athletic Program
River Oaks Middle School is proud to offer an athletic program, which we believe is an essential part of the total educational process, with three primary goals for our student-athletes:
1) to develop cognitive and social-emotional skills that help them work cooperatively with others,
2) to develop and improve personal sport skills and knowledge, and
3) to be actively involved in enjoyable (fun) athletic experiences.
Our athletic program consists of the following sports
for 7th and 8th grade students:
- Our athletic program is a member of the South Carolina High School League and as such, all participants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- All participants in the league must have been promoted from the previous year, not placed. (Students who pass all core and high school credit classes during the first semester of the year may be eligible for sports that start after the second semester begins.) All participants must remain in good standing during athletic participation, which includes passing all subjects and no discipline referrals.
- Participants must not have turned 15 prior to July 1, 2018.
- River Oaks Athletic Department must have the following paperwork on file before a student may participate in any try-out, practice or contest: Pre-participation Physical Evaluation History Form;Current Physical Examination Form; Parent Permission Form; and Concussion Fact Sheet.
Physical Packet 2018-2019
All forms must be properly completed.
The SCHSL does not allow schools to accept a copy or faxed physical form.
Insurance coverage is available through Bollinger Specialty Group (www.bollingerschools.com).
We would like to thank Coach Steve LaPrad, FDHS Athletic Director, for his continued support.