Starting with the 2023-2024 school year, we will transition to a new school bus transportation management system called Traversa. The South Carolina Department of Education is implementing Traversa across all school districts in South Carolina.
What does this mean for families?
- Traversa will enhance safety, security, and convenience for DDTwo students, families, and staff.
- The school bus tracking app will allow you to track your student individually while on the school bus and to receive specific information about your student's bus, including bus route name, stop locations, and times.
- With the added safety, security and convenience, starting with the 2023-2024 school year we will discontinue publishing the bus routes online. The school bus tracking app will be the source of this information for parents/guardians, who must be registered, to:
- Receive bus service
- Track their student's location while on the school bus
- Receive their student's specific information about bus stops, routes, and times.
When Can Parents Register in the App?
Parents can register for the app in late July 2023.
Starting with the 2023-2024 school year, parents/guardians must be registered in Traversa to use DDTwo school bus services on a smart phone or on a computer.
Parents/guardians can start to register for Traversa in summer 2023. During online registration, parents will be directed to information about Traversa.
Once the app registration system is active, we will include the link to register for it on this page.
Once the Transportation team finalizes bus routes for the 2023-2024 school, parents/guardians who are registered in Traversa can see their children’s bus information, including the route name, bus stops, and times for pickup and drop off.
Traversa Features and Components:
GPS Tracking by Student:
Traversa's GPS tracking feature is known as Ride 360 (PDF), which will soon be renamed (check back for the new name of the app). This feature tracks your specific student. Traversa will know the route your student is assigned to and which bus is running that route. You will no longer need messages telling you which bus to follow.
As a safety measure, registering in Traversa will require you to identify each student by DDTwo student ID number that can be found in the PowerSchool app. No one else will be able to track your students.
Traversa allows you to share the ability to track your students, but the parents/guardians of the students control this access. Sharing is an optional feature and is not required to use the system. The system has an app that you can use on a smartphone or computer. Once the app is set up to start for the 2023-2024 school year, we will update this page with the links to download it.
Buses will have more technology to improve safety, security, and convenience.
Tyler Drive will provide GPS turn-by-turn visual and aural driving instructions. This significant safety feature will help all drivers with route navigation.
Beyond navigation, Traversa will indicate which students are assigned to each of the bus stops along the route, including their pictures, via Traversa's connection to PowerSchool.
This technology, Tyler Drive, includes software, a tablet and ID card reader mounted in the bus which will scan students’ ID card provided by the district. We will share more information about the ID cards. This system will show exactly where students boarded the bus and exited the bus in our dashboard and the parent's individual app.
Traversa Ride 360 Parent App & User Guide (PDF)