School Board Members
In Dorchester School District Two, seven board members are responsible for a general operating budget, approximately 3,000 employees, more than 25,000 students, and 25 schools and centers. Board members are elected to four-year terms and have responsibilities that include:
- securing money for operational needs and authorizing major expenditures
- determining budget priorities and building needs
- setting educational standards and goals
- reviewing and evaluating all phases of the district’s instructional program
- formulating and enforcing policies
Each member of the DDTwo Board of Trustees has pledged to uphold the ethical principles to improve education in their community.
By the Governor's Proclamation, we celebrate and recognize our board during School Board Recognition Month.
Board of Trustees
Ms. Gail Hughes, Chair
Mrs. Tanya Robinson, Vice Chair
Mr. Justin Farnsworth, Secretary
Mrs. Barbara Crosby
Mr. Evan Guthrie
Mr. Brian Mitchum
Mrs. Ashley Wimberly
Board members may also be reached by contacting school board secretary Lee Smith at 843-873-2901, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 115 Devon Road, Summerville, SC 29483.