Whether you are learning about how to register a new 4K - 1st grader for the 2021-2022 school year, or you are a student who has recently moved to our area that needs to register for the current school year, this page is for you! Please review the information on this page carefully.
New 4K - 1st grade students may register for the 2021-2022 school year between April 20 - 22, 2021. Please have digital forms of the necessary documents prepared to upload (see list below the registration link).
Parents must provide ALL of the following:
- Child's Legal Birth Certificate
- SC Certificate of Immunization (prior to the beginning of school)
- Proof of Parent/Guardian's Residency (current utility bill that includes service address in parent/guardian's name)
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
These documents may be uploaded to the registration portal in the following file formats. DOC, DOCX, PDF, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG
Our 4K Program is designed to promote readiness for at-risk students who must qualify based on specific state criteria.
Age Requirements (in accordance with SC laws):
- 4K/Child Development: 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021
- Kindergarten: 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021
- First Grade: 6 years old on or before September 1, 2021
- Students who are NEW to Dorchester School District Two and have not attended a Dorchester School District Two School previously.
- Students who have attended a Dorchester School District Two School previously, but not within the last calendar school year.
- Students who have transferred schools within the district due to an address change.
- This does not apply to students transferring to a new school due to promotion to a middle or high school.
The 2020-2021 School Year New Student Registration Online Portal is Open - This is for families who relocate to our area mid-year.
If your child is new to Dorchester School District Two, you will need to create a new student registration account using the link below. If your child is transferring to another school within the district, you will need to create a new account. In the event you have an existing account, log in. If you forgot your login, select forgot password.
STEP 1: Complete the new student registration form. (*See below for age requirements for early education students.)
STEP 2 (if applicable): Complete the Free/Reduced Meal Application. This application is for the CURRENT school year for students new to our area. This is NOT for the 2021 - 2022 school year. The 2021-2022 application is NOT available until the fall.
STEP 3 (optional): Join your school's PTA.
STEP 4: Download the Edulog Parent Portal Lite GPS Bus Tracker if you have a student riding a bus. Visit this webpage for more information.
Age Requirements (in accordance with SC laws) for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- 4K/Child Development: 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020
- Kindergarten: 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020
- First Grade: 6 years old on or before September 1, 2020
Attendance Area Locator:
Click here for attendance areas by address
Online forms are for the 2020-2021 school year. You will need to create an account to begin the process to complete your forms online.
If you do not have access to a device and internet, please contact the school site to complete your forms online at the school site.