Thank you for your interest in Dorchester School District Two!
All applicants shall apply online through the Applitrack system. Please keep in mind that a valid email address is required to apply. This email address will be used to correspond with you during the application process.
Certified & Administrative Employment Process
A complete certified application will include the following attachments to your online application:
- VALID Teaching Credential- Dorchester School District Two will consider applicants with either a valid South Carolina Teaching Credential or an out-of-state Teaching Credential. An applicant with an out-of-state Teaching Credential must be prepared to obtain a South Carolina Teaching Credential if an offer of employment is made.
- PRAXIS Scores (for applicants in the process of applying for a valid Teaching Credential)
- THREE Professional References-This will be done online through the Applitrack system.
- College Transcripts- Dorchester School District Two will accept unofficial transcripts submitted as an attachment to your online application. A sealed copy of your official college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate if applicable) will be required upon an acceptance of an offer of employment.
- Resume (optional)
- Athletic Resume (if applicable)
Please note, your application shall not be considered complete until the documents listed above are attached to your online application.Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed. If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will be contacted by the Personnel Department.
For All Other Certified Applicants
When your application package is complete, please contact the Personnel Office at (843) 873-2901 to schedule a Clearance Interview. This interview is the last step in the application process. All applicants must complete a Clearance Interview BEFORE he/she is eligible to be interviewed by Principals
Support Staff Application Process
Support Staff employment refers to all non-teaching positions such as Secretary, Teaching Assistant, Nurse, Maintenance, Technology, etc.
- To apply for such positions, click "Apply Here – All Applicants". To start, choose “External Applicants”.
- Per instructions, we require 3 completed reference surveys and, where applicable, college transcripts and/or Paraprofessional Exam results in order for your application to be complete. Follow all instructions and SUBMIT your online application. Return to your application periodically to check that your reference survey forms have been completed. To do this: 1) login to your application; 2) click EDIT; 3) go to the “Reference” section; 4) scroll to the bottom of each listed reference to check Reference Survey Status.
- Once your application is complete with transcripts & three completed reference surveys, you may call the Personnel Office at 843-873-2901 to schedule a general clearance interview. The general clearance interview with the Personnel Office is the final step in the application process.
- Note that you do not have to complete all the steps in a single session. You have 25 days to submit your application.
- Apply for a posted “Vacancy” or, from the positions desired list, choose the position(s) for which you want to apply. (You may apply for up to 8 positions.)
What happens after clearance?
Once you have been cleared by the Personnel Office, you are eligible for hire and may contact schools and/or principals directly. We suggest that you send a resume and letter of introduction to principals, letting them know that you have been cleared by DD2 Personnel. You may also contact principals if/when you see that a job vacancy has been posted for their school.
Eligibility Requirements for Classified Employment:
- TEACHING ASSISTANT - Must provide proof of the completion of a minimum of 60 college credit hours, OR in lieu of this, must pass the Para Professional Exam.
- CLERICAL - Must provide proof of the completion of a minimum of 60 college credit hours, OR in lieu of this, must pass the Para Professional Exam or all three parts of the TABE test including both Reading and Math portions.
- STUDENT-ASSIGNED ASSISTANT (i.e. Full Time Adult Support) - Provide proof of the completion of a minimum of 60 college credit hours, OR in lieu of this, must pass the Para Professional Exam. Candidates may also be considered eligible for this type of position by choosing “Substitute” from the positions desired section of the online application, submitting the application, then attending a Dorchester District Two Substitute Workshop. Workshops are conducted at the Summerville Adult Education Center, 843-873-7372.
- NURSE - Valid RN License required.
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST - Valid PT License required.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - Valid OT License required.
- BUS DRIVER - Valid CDL required.
- MAINTENANCE - High school diploma and relevant license and/or certification in specified field required.
If you do not yet meet one of these eligibility requirements, please take the necessary steps to do so before submitting an online application.