Mechatronics Integrated Technology 1 (MIT 1)
Summerville High School
MIT 1 Mechatronics (1Semester). Mechatronics is a new interdisciplinary field involving mechanical, instrumentation, electronics, robotics/automation, computer components, and control systems. The program prepares students who like to work with their hands as well as their minds. Mechatronics is a dynamic field that changes daily with the rapid improvements in technology and computer systems. Systems are networked to meet the demands of automated manufacturing processes, and technicians are trained to meet necessary entry-level industrial skills and entry into a postsecondary program at a technical college.
Written Assignments and Documentation Completion
Tests and Quizzes
Employability (Soft Skills)
Grading Procedures :
- Parents can access grades through the parent portal of Power School.
- Report cards and progress/interim reports will be issued based upon the district calendar.
- Final Exam will be at end of Course and is weighted at 20%
- A zero will be entered in the gradebook if an assignment is not completed by the due date. Late work is accepted but an additional -10 pts. deducted for each day late.
- Most assignments and tests are online. So students can keep up with their workload by following our class webpage for assignment due dates and completing the assignment online when absent or behind.
MIT1 Student Expectations:
- Practice Safety
- Practice Soft Skills
- Complete all classwork and assignments
- Follow all district and SHS policies and rules
- No Cell Phones
Student / Teacher Conference (Before / After School, Beginning of ILT) no show 3rd Offense
Phone Call to Parent / Guardian
Referral to Administration
- Office Hours are available each week during ILT for students to contact the teacher. Office hours are available when the student is at home (via email or Edmodo).
Parent Phone Number